The examinations shall consist of :-
- Part I – Cadastral practice;
- Part II – Submission of practical tasks; and
- Part III – Practical and oral examination.
The syllabus for the examination shall be as prescribed in the Ninth Schedule.
A person who has passed Part I shall be eligible for Part II.
Prior to submission of practical tasks under Part II, the Board may require the person to produce evidence that :-
- during the period of his Articles he has complied with the requirements of the Board; or
- he has obtained experience as may be required by the Board.
A person shall be eligible for Part III within six months of being credited with a pass in Part II.
Any articled person applying to sit for Part I of the examination must submit Application For Examination together with the examination fee.
Any candidate other than an articled person who has the qualifation sitting for Part I of the examination may submit Application For Examination together with :
- a copy of certificate of the qualification; and
- the examination fee
- Certificate of Service Under Articles using form from the licensed land surveyor with whom he served under Articles or a letter of recommendation issued by the Director General of Survey;
- the examination fee
- the practical tasks during the period of his Articles
The passing mark for Part I of the examination is sixty percent.
The Secretary upon endorsement of the examination result by the Board shall notify the candidate of the examination result.
Any candidate who has failed Part I or II of the examination accompanied with the payment of fee as prescribed in Second Schedule may appeal to the Board to review his examination paper or his practical tasks within thirty days from the date of the notification of the examination result.
The Board shall decide the appeal within three months upon receiving the appeal.
A candidate who fails Part III of the examination accompanied with the payment of fee as prescribed in Second Schedule may apply to reappear before the Board for Part III of the examination after six months from the date of the notification of the examination result.
5.Certificate of Competency
A certificate of competency in the form as prescribed in the Twelfth Schedule shall be issued by the Board to each candidate who has fulfilled the requirements prescribed in these regulations and has been credited with a pass in Parts I, II and III of the examination.